Building, Services & Property
The property was originally two lots (originally purchased from the village blacksmith (Robert Munn) and a donation from a neighboring farmer (McKay)). It has since been legally combined with additional allowances and re-surveyed to 136 ft. X 166 ft. (approx. 1/2-acre).
Property Taxes for 2015: $2,509.45. Dog license fees: first dog; $15. The second dog; $40, and the third is $75. Garbage Pick-up: $2/Bag of trash, recyclables are free,
The septic system (approx 14 yrs. old), is a Norweco Singulair 750 System with a raised bed.
This system is an environmentally friendly system - much better for the environment than traditional septic services.
The well is a 60 foot drilled and dug, shared well with well pump within the building.
Hydro services provided by Hydro One consist of a 400 ampere single phase service with 2 sub-panels (breezeway & pool house).
The entire service is protected by a "Whole-House" surge protection system. Hook-up for a whole house generator is also provided.
General lighting throughout the residence has been converted to energy efficient LED and CFL.
A 16 ft X 30 ft. in-ground, self-chlorinating, salt-water pool (propane heater) is surrounded by a generous concrete patio and wrought-iron fencing.
An outdoor shower is available (easily removed for winter storage) and a beautiful cedar lined, insulated pool-house can be used in the winter for a sauna or small hot-tub.
The fully insulated and finished 2 car garage (attached by a 30 ft. breezeway which overlooks the pool, also has a small back bay and overhead door to house a riding tractor.
All overhead doors are self-opening and closing. The garage has an area for a small shop and is both heated and air-conditioned. It also has a small wine/root cellar.
A second floor above the garage is configured as an apartment and makes an ideal granny-flat or an opportunity for rental income. It features central-air conditioning and a fire-place, a small eat-in kitchen and a 2-piece bathroom. The loft/apartment has a separate private entry.
Above the Breezeway is a 30 ft. deck protected by wind-breaks on two sides that overlooks the pool area and is accessible from the second floor (kitchen).
Other Features & Services
- Wired with CAT-5, video and phone cables.
- Video intercom/doorbell.
- Central air conditioning.
- Forced-air propane High-Efficiency furnace.
- Whole-House UV Water treatment system.
- R/O fitration system and 2 YO water-softener.
- 2 YO Iron fitration system.
- 1500 Sq Ft. attic storage area.
- 4798 Sq Ft. living area.
- Fully alarmed and monitored by ADT.
- Indoor pond in the breezeway.
- First floor partially enclosed walk-out patio.
- Total of 3 bathrooms.
- Total of 3 bedrooms.
- Total of 2 gas fireplaces.
- Total of 2 dishwashers.
- Massive laundry/hobby room.
- Huge recreation/family room.
- Unique office space in the church bell tower.
- Open concept kitchen with eat-in nook.
- Built-in Sub-Zero brand refrigerator.
- Granite kitchen counters and centre island.
- Custom-built kitchen cabinetry.
- Custom-designed kitchen by Acorn Kitchens.
- Open concept living/dining room.
- 1 inch thick hardwood maple floors.
- High-speed (10MB) Internet service available.
- Patio Chiminea on house propane system.
- Crown Verity Stainless Steel Outdoor BBQ.
- Small workshop area in the garage.
- 4 camera video surveillance system with DVR.
Renovations took place over 22 years. Over the course of this time, the roof was replaced, all windows were replaced with vinyl clad windows, foam insulation was blown in (non-UFFI), wiring and plumbing was replaced, doors were replaced, the septic system was replaced, the furnace was replaced, and the garage was replaced.
"AGA owners eat best at home." This old style method of cooking comes from Europe. Among the many places in the UK that you'll find an AGA Cooker is in the Queen's residence! If you are a gourmet cook (or aspire to be one), then you may be interested in putting in an offer for our AGA. Our AGA is sold and serviced by Bellevie in London Ontario.
- Read More
Excellent condition. Includes 55-inch Snow Blower attachment and mower deck attachment. Power steering, hydrostatic transmission, fully hydraulic lift system. Clears driveway and walkways in under 10 minutes.
- Read More
Excellent condition. Includes hook-up cable. Less than 21 hours total run time. This generator can power the entire residence (except AC in summer).
- Read More